SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio police officer tragically killed in the line of duty will be laid to rest next week.
A visitation for Officer Robert Deckard will be at the Porter Loring Funeral home on McCullough.
- SAPD officer shot in head pursuing robbery suspects
- Poth police chief describes officer's role in shootout
- Wounded SAPD Officer Robert Deckard remains in intensive care
- Fund established for SAPD Officer Bobby Deckard
- SAPD: Injured officer stabilized further
- SAPD: Injured officer's survival odds 'slim'
- Pair held in officer's shooting tied to 3 robberies
- Blood drive scheduled Monday for slain SAPD officer Robert Deckard
- SAPD: Officer Robert Deckard vitals 'somewhat unstable'
- Family of SAPD Officer Bobby Deckard release second statement
- Injured SAPD officer passes away; suspects formally charged
- Blood drive held in slain SAPD Officer Robert Deckard's memory
There will be an officer visitation on Thursday, Jan. 2, at 8 a.m.
A public visitation will be held the next day from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. and Deckard's family will be at the funeral home from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Church services will be on Saturday at the Cornerstone Church on Stone Oak Parkway starting at 10 a.m.
Deckard was shot in the head while chasing two robbery suspects on Dec. 8.
Copyright 2013 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.