Grease fire destroys house on Northeast side

Man cooking accidentally starts grease fire

By Mary Claire Patton - Digital Content Curator
Headline Goes Here

SAN ANTONIO - A Northeast side home went up in flames Monday when a man who was cooking in his kitchen accidentally started a grease fire.

Firefighters arrived at the home on Golden Forest Drive within minutes, but the home was beyond saving.

"Yeah, once it got up into the attic, it breached through the roof with winds blowing 15 miles an hour and it just took it through the house," Fire Chief Robert Hogan, of Emergency Services District 10, said.

Nobody was injured during the blaze, and no other homes were affected.

The damage is estimated at $150,000 and the people living in the home have been put in contact with the Red Cross.

Sign up for email alerts today.

Get alerted to news events as they happen or sign up for a scheduled news headline email that is delivered right to your inbox.

All of the day’s important news keeping you up to date wherever you are.

Click here to sign up today.

Copyright 2017 by KSAT - All rights reserved.