San Antonio Zoo holding Mandalory Day with buy one get one admission, costume contest
First 500 guests will receive gift
A galactic weekend is in store for the San Antonio Zoo as it will host its first Mandalory Day on Saturday.
The themed day, a fun spin-off of the “The Mandalorian" on Disney+, will honor the rulers of the skies: birds.
Buy one get one admission, normally $19.99 for adults and $16.99 for children ages 3-11, will be available from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Admission for children under 3 years old is free.
The first 500 guests will receive a free commemorative button, while the first 100 guests will receive a free Lory Landing feeding, according to the zoo.
A costume contest for those dressed as their favorite movie character will kick off at 1 p.m.
Here is the full schedule:
- 10:30 a.m.: Bush Dog Chat: Meet Chewy, Vader, & Obi
- 11:00 a.m.: Baby Komodo Dragon Chat: Meet our dragons
- 11:30 a.m.: Spectacled Bear Chat: Meet Curt
- 12:00 p.m.: Wookie Walk: Take a stroll with the Wookies
- 12:30 p.m.: Bush Dog Chat: Meet Chewy, Vader, & Obi
- 1:30 p.m.: Python Chat
- 1:30 p.m.: African Wild Dog Chat
The San Antonio Zoo is hosting the Star Wars-themed day amid the popularity of “The Mandalorian” and ahead of the Dec. 20 premiere of “The Rise of Skywalker."
Copyright 2019 by KSAT - All rights reserved.