Investigation underway after meatball with anti-freeze sends dog to vet

The search is still on for the person responsible, the ACS says

Photo does not have a caption

SAN ANTONIO – One pet owner, north of downtown San Antonio, had quite the scare.

The search is on for the person behind a contaminated treat that ended up sending a dog to the vet.

Animal Care Services confirms the case happened in the Monte Vista neighborhood.

ACS shares story of dog that made incredible transformation from mange to adoption

The search for the person responsible started last week.

A homeowner told investigators someone threw a meatball into her yard and one of her dogs consumed it.

The dog is OK, but test results revealed the meatball contained anti-freeze.

ACS said it is illegal and potentially a felony to give or make a poisonous substance available to an animal.

Pets at office can increase productivity, reduce stress, research says