Rodent droppings, strong odor from bathroom leads to low score at East Side gas station
First Stop ordered to go through reinspection earlier this month
SAN ANTONIO – A gas station on the city’s East Side was ordered to go through a reinspection earlier this month after an abundance of rodent droppings were found in a storage area.
First Stop, located in the 2500 block of E. Houston Street, was also cited for having a strong odor coming from its restroom.
The San Antonio Metropolitan Health District's scoring of food establishments is based on a 100-point demerit system.
The inspection reports, which establishments are required to post in public view, feature a number score at the top and bottom of the front page. A separate placard with the number score and a letter grade (example: 100/A) is also available upon request from the food establishment. Posting the placard is voluntary.
- 100-90 = A (Very Good to Acceptable)
- 89-80 = B (Acceptable to Marginal)
- 79 or lower = C (Marginal to Poor)
- Metro Health indicates that scores of 69 or lower are failing scores.
Other scores this week:
- Bush’s Chicken, 8831 Potranco Rd., 100
- Incredible Shakes, 7140 Blanco Rd., 98
- Taqueria Mazatlan, 706 W. Southcross, 98
- Taqueria El Tapatio De Jalisco, 10307 Roosevelt Ave., 96
- Wok Inn, 10919 Culebra Rd., 95
- La Parilla Vallarta, 6881 W. Military Dr., 94
- Chapala Taco House, 1363 Austin Hwy., 93
- A Dong Restaurant, 5222 De Zavala Rd., 92
- Ming Garden Express, 7121 New Hwy. 90 West, 92
- El Rodeo Mexican Grill, 6565 Babcock Rd., 90
- Golden Gate Express, 1840 S. General McMullen, 86
- Mittman Fine Food, 1125 S. Mittman St., 86
- Dick’s Last Resort, 223 Losoya St., 85
- J. Anthony’s Seafood, 7210 NW Loop 410, 85
- Naara Café, 9329 Wurzbach Rd., 85
- Pho Hung Cuong Vietnamese Restaurant, 12730 IH 10 West, 84
- Jim’s Coffee Shop, 11803 Bandera Rd., 83
- Antojitos Hondurenos, 2502 Blanco Rd., 80
- Beijing Restaurant & Gift Shop, 13730 Embassy Row, 78
- The Cake Shop, 9871 IH 10 West, 76
- First Stop, 2553 E. Houston St., 76
For food establishment complaints in the city of San Antonio, send an email to Metro Health or call 210-207-8853.
Copyright 2020 by KSAT - All rights reserved.