San Antonio OB/GYN tests positive for COVID-19
At least 4 health care workers have tested positive in SA
SAN ANTONIO – A San Antonio physician has tested positive for COVID-19, the respiratory disease caused by the new coronavirus.
Northeast OB/GYN Associates posted a letter on its Facebook page Thursday stating that a physician tested positive within the last 24 hours. The illness is related to recent travel, the letter stated. The doctor is isolated at home and is said to be doing well.
“We have traced her patient contact and have already reached out to those who may have been affected,” the notice stated.
Other physicians and staff who were in contact with the doctor are self-quarantining at home, according to the notice.
Northeast OB/GYN Associates has six locations around the San Antonio area and the statement didn’t say at which location or locations the doctor practices.
This is at least the fourth health care worker diagnosed with COVID-19 in San Antonio this week.
On Sunday, University Health System said a medical resident had tested positive after traveling. Wednesday, UHS said a University Hospital nurse and a second resident physician also tested positive following travel exposure.
As of Thursday afternoon, there are 29 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in San Antonio, including six cases that were contracted through community transmission, health officials said. It isn’t clear whether this physician’s case is included in the county’s total.
MORE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE FROM KSAT:
- Here’s what we know about the 29 confirmed COVID-19 cases in San Antonio
- Texas governor bans dine-in eating, gatherings of 10+ through April 3
- SA school districts extend closures 2 more weeks amid emergency over coronavirus
- SAQ: Your coronavirus questions answered
- Explained: New declarations of emergency issued in San Antonio and Bexar County
- 8 ways to help your fellow San Antonians during coronavirus pandemic
- The ultimate coronavirus guide: From preparedness and prevention to testing and treatment
- Track live coronavirus updates in the US, globally with real-time maps of confirmed cases, deaths
- Social distancing and hungry? These San Antonio-area restaurants are offering To-Go deals
Copyright 2020 by KSAT - All rights reserved.