SAN ANTONIO – Earlier this month the Fiesta Commission announced Fiesta 2020 would be moved to Nov. 5-15 because of the coronavirus pandemic.
While some events are canceling, the popular Cornyation show has announced new dates.
Shows this year will be on Nov. 10-12 at Empire Theatre.
So far the biggest event to cancel this year is Oyster Bake.
COVID-19, the respiratory disease caused by the new virus, stands for coronavirus disease 2019. The disease first appeared in late 2019 in Wuhan, China, but spread around the world in early 2020, causing the World Health Organization to declare a pandemic in March.
MORE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE FROM KSAT:
- Here’s what we know about the confirmed COVID-19 cases in San Antonio
- SA school districts extend closures 2 more weeks amid emergency over coronavirus
- 8 ways to help your fellow San Antonians during coronavirus pandemic
- These SA restaurants, bars, chains are closing their dining rooms due to coronavirus
- The ultimate coronavirus guide: From preparedness and prevention to testing and treatment
- SAQ: Your coronavirus questions answered
- Track live coronavirus updates in the US, globally with real-time maps of confirmed cases, deaths
- Social distancing and hungry? These San Antonio-area restaurants are offering To-Go deals
- The latest: What you should know about coronavirus cases in San Antonio