SAN ANTONIO – Economic experts from the University of Texas at San Antonio discussed the economic impact of the coronavirus pandemic in a virtual panel held on Wednesday. The video can be seen below:
Topics that were discussed during the hour:
- Short and long-term effects on Texas revenue sources,
- Implications and challenges for small business owners,
- Building San Antonio’s workforce for a new era,
- Intersections of economic and public policy concerns, and
- Potential impact on health care, tax policies and education.
The panelists included:
- Tom Tunstall, senior director of research for the Institute for Economic Development
- Richard Sifuentes, director of the Small Business Development Center
- Pamela Smith, associate dean of administration and faculty and a professor of accounting
- Mike Villarreal, director of the Urban Education Institute.