SAN ANTONIO – A convenience store on the city’s near West Side was cited by health inspectors last month after a mold-like substance was discovered on the walls and ceiling of its walk-in cooler.
Shop-N-Save, located in the 1300 block of N. Trinity Street, received a score of 78 and was also written up for using food containers with metal rust debris, according to Metropolitan Health records.
The store was ordered to go through a re-inspection, records show.
- 100-90 = A (Very Good to Acceptable)
- 89-80 = B (Acceptable to Marginal)
- 79 or lower = C (Marginal to Poor)
Metro Health indicates that scores of 69 or lower are failing scores
Other scores this week:
- California Pizza Kitchen, 11745 IH 10 West, 100
- Old San Francisco Steak House, 10223 Sahara Dr., 100
- Red Lobster, 17415 U.S. 281 North, 100
- Kain Na Filipino Cuisine, 2367 Austin Hwy., 98
- Bar-B-Cutie Smokehouse, 5603 Presidio Pkwy., 97
- Luciano Express, 2414 Babcock Rd., 97
- Diablo’s Cafe, 514 Pleasanton Rd., 95
- Culebra Meat Market, 7605 Tezel Rd., 94
- Fruteria Tres Hermanos, 3206 West Ave., 94
- Bombay Bicycle Club, 3506 N. St. Mary’s, 93
- Dim Sum Oriental Cuisine, 2313 NW Military Hwy., 93
- Los Balito’s Taco Shop, 3111 TPC Pkwy., 92
- La Sorpresa Cafe, 3213 Pleasanton Rd., 90
- Grady’s BBQ, 3619 IH 35 North, 89
- La Chinitas Restaurant, 1012 Avondale Ave., 87
- Panchito’s Fruit Cups & More, 4534 W. Commerce St., 86
- La Michoacana Meat Market, 1814 S. W.W. White Rd., 84
- Pho Hung Cuong Vietnamese Restaurant, 12730 IH 10 West, 82
- Taco Jalisco de Oro, 103 W. Theo Ave., 82
- Carryon Convenience Store, 2602 NW Loop 410, 81
- Shop-N-Save, 1302 N. Trinity St., 78
For food establishment complaints in the city of San Antonio, send an email to Metro Health or call 210-207-8853.