SAN ANTONIO – For the second time this year, a northwest San Antonio smoothie place was cited by health inspectors after toxic pest control spray was found inside the establishment.
Smoothie King, located in the 11400 block of Bandera Rd., received a score of 82 during the March 17 inspection, city records show.
The score was a slight improvement over its inspection in January, when the same location was dinged for having toxic pest control and received a score of 75.
Restaurants are required to use only pesticides certified food establishments, health records show.
- 100-90 = A (Very Good to Acceptable)
- 89-80 = B (Acceptable to Marginal)
- 79 or lower = C (Marginal to Poor)
Metro Health indicates that scores of 69 or lower are failing scores
Other scores this week:
- California Pizza Kitchen, 11745 IH 10 West, 100
- Elsa’s Restaurant, 543 Ruiz St., 100
- Lick Honest Ice Cream, 312 Pearl Pkwy., 100
- Papi’s Barbacoa, 8373 Culebra Rd., 100
- Domino’s Pizza, 129 Bandera Rd., 98
- Bill Miller BBQ, 13151 NW Military Hwy., 97
- Thai Bistro & Sushi, 5999 De Zavala Rd., 97
- El Mirasol, 10003 NW Military Hwy., 96
- Quik Wok, 7126 Tezel Rd., 96
- Fred’s Fish Fry, 1920 Nogalitos St., 94
- Shipley Donuts, 1134 Culebra Rd., 94
- Taquitos El Dorado, 3423 Pleasanton Rd., 93
- Babe’s Old Fashioned Food, 9207 Huebner Rd., 90
- Rios Meat Market, 8030 S. Zarzamora St., 89
- Fajita Taco Place, 8315 McCullough Ave., 88
- Anthony’s Chicken, 2603 E. Commerce St., 87
- Jalisco Taqueria, 151 Moursund Blvd., 86
- Chas Super Market, 1431 N. Pine St., 84
- Sonic, 1611 S. Gen. McMullen, 84
- Smoothie King, 11411 Bandera Rd., 82
For food establishment complaints in the city of San Antonio, send an email to Metro Health or call 210-207-8853.