SAFD: Space heater caused fire at East Side home

No one was injured

San Antonio firefighters said a space heater caused a large fire at a home on the East Side on Thursday.

SAN ANTONIO – San Antonio firefighters said a space heater caused a large fire at a home on the East Side on Thursday.

The fire broke out around 8 a.m. in the 400 block of Nopal Street, near South New Braunfels Avenue and Interstate 10.

Authorities said an electric heater sparked a fire on the bed, but flames were contained to the front room of the home. There was smoke damage throughout the rest of the house.

No one was injured and the homeowners were not there at the time.

Two dogs in the backyard were not in danger and were cared for by Animal Care Services until the owners returned.

Read also:


About the Authors:

Jonathan Cotto is a reporter for KSAT’s Good Morning San Antonio. He’s a bilingual award-winning news reporter and he joined KSAT in 2021. Before coming to San Antonio, Cotto was reporting along the U.S.-Mexico border in South Texas. He’s a veteran of the United States Navy.

Misael started at KSAT-TV as a photojournalist in 1987.