SAN ANTONIO – Five people have been displaced following a mobile home fire on the city’s South Side overnight, the San Antonio Fire Department said.
The fire was called in around 2:30 a.m. at a mobile home in the 12800 block of Applewhite Road, not far from South Zarzamora Street.
Firefighters said the fire started on the patio and then spread to the home. Five people and two dogs all made it safely out.
At this time, not much is known about the fire. It is unclear exactly what sparked the flames.
Fire officials say the family has been displaced, but they have family members in town to stay with.
A damage estimate to the mobile home was not given.