SAN ANTONIO - Updated Monday at 9:30 a.m.:
Damage is estimated at $60,000, fire officials said.
A food inspector will determine damage to store food products to assess further loss.
Grease fire, no injuries reported. Alarm came in from building, at Kitchen vent hood area -extended to part of roof, knocked down in about 25min. Arson not involved.
Diners at a Logan’s Roadhouse on the far West Side were evacuated Sunday night after a fire inside the building.
The restaurant is in the busy Alamo Ranch Shopping Center near the intersection of Loop 1604 and Highway 151.
"We looked out the window. We were sitting in the front of the restaurant and we saw black smoke. We really didn't know what was going on but within 30 seconds the fire alarms went off and the restaurant was cleared," regular customer Kris Hampton said. "They were very quick to clear everybody out."
A picture sent in by a KSAT viewer showed flames shooting out of the roof. More than a dozen fire units responded to the fire. A San Antonio Fire Department captain confirmed a grease trap was the cause of the fire.
Fire crews on scene have turned to a “defensive operation mode” focusing on saving other buildings.
All the customers and staff were evacuated and no one was injured.
Get alerted to news events as they happen or sign up for a scheduled news headline email that is delivered right to your inbox.
All of the day’s important news keeping you up to date wherever you are.
Click here to sign up today.
Copyright 2017 by KSAT - All rights reserved.