Man's hand burned in kitchen fire, baby taken to hospital for smoke inhalation

Fire occurred just before 6 a.m. in 4200 block of Sunrise Cove Dr

By Ben Spicer - Web Producer, Max Massey - Video Journalist

SAN ANTONIO - A baby was taken to an area hospital for smoke inhalation and man's hand was burned, both the result of a kitchen fire at a home on the city's Northeast Side early Wednesday morning.

The fire was reported just before 6 a.m. at the home in the 4200 block of Sunrise Cove Drive, which is located not far from North Foster Road and Binz-Engleman Road.

Firefighters said the fire was mostly put out by the time they arrived. Authorities said there were no reports of major injuries, but that a grandfather had burned his left hand and that a baby needed to be transported to an area hospital for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters said the fire started in the kitchen. A damage estimate is not currently known. 

This is a developing story. Stay with KSAT 12 both online and on-air for more information.

Copyright 2019 by KSAT - All rights reserved.