Police officer puts out fire at North Side Jack in the Box restaurant

Fire was reported just before 10 p.m. Monday

By Ben Spicer - Web Producer

SAN ANTONIO - A restaurant on the city's North Side is closed after a fire broke out overnight, San Antonio firefighters said Tuesday.

The fire occurred just before 10 p.m. Monday at a Jack in the Box restaurant near Blanco Road and Lockhill Selma Road.

Firefighters said the fire started in a fan just above the drive-thu window. A San Antonio police officer saw the flames and ran over, putting the fire out with a fire extinguisher.

The restaurant will be closed so health department officials can do an inspection, firefighters said.

A damage estimate is not currently known. There were no reports of injuries.

 

Copyright 2019 by KSAT - All rights reserved.