Dog named Lucifer saves owner from house fire

Owner was sleeping in chair when fire broke out

Hutchinson Fire Department

Firefighters quickly extinguish a house fire shortly after the homeowner was awakened by his dog "Lucifer" and both made it out safely on July 25, 2018 in Hutchinson, Kansas.

HUTCHINSON, Kan. - A dog named Lucifer rescued his owner from a burning home in Kansas, according to United Press International.

Larry Moore was asleep on his living room chair when a fire broke out around 2 a.m. Wednesday in his home in Hutchinson. UPI reported the smoke detectors weren't working and Moore figured he would have kept sleeping if it wasn't for Lucifer.

"He jumped up in my lap, jumped in my lap and woke me up, and I turned around, and the house was on fire," Moore told KWCH-TV. "I don't think I would have made it, to be honest, because it just happened so fast."

Moore was able to get up and safely exit the home with Lucifer and his other dog, but he suffered from smoke inhalation after going back into the house to get personal items, UPI reported.

The Hutchinson Fire Department said the fire was caused by "improper extension cords."

 

Distributed by LAKANA. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.