Fun snacks to bring to school
Most schools have rules about bringing snacks for your kid's class. Even when it's your kid's birthday, you might not be allowed to bring cupcakes. You'll have to bring something that's made with fruit or vegetables instead. Some healthy snacks to bring would be smoothies, creating a rainbow with fruit or fruit cream cones!
Blend these ingredients:
- 1 banana
- ½ cup yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- ½ cup pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 cup milk
- For pink smoothies, use 2 cups of frozen strawberries.
- For purple smoothies, use 2 cups of frozen mixed berries.
- For green slime smoothies, use 1 cup of frozen spinach.
- This may take some time to prep, but once you've cut all the fruit up, you just have to put all the fruit in place!
- Use the template for a fun activity for the kids to place their fruit according to the color!
- The more self-contained the better. No utensils
- Put sliced fruit into an ice cream cone, then add some cream cheese dip to pipe around the edge.
- The dip has to be thick to hold a shape, just 1 package of cream cheese, ½ cup sugar and some vanilla.
Copyright 2014 by KSAT - All rights reserved.