Fall Vegetable and Kale Salad
PREPARE ROASTED VEGETABLES:
- 1 Sweet Potato (peeled and diced)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups Butternut Squash (peeled and diced)
Drizzle a tablespoon or two of Grape Seed Oil over diced vegetables and roast in a 400 degree oven 20-25 minutes until slightly browned. They should be caramelized and slightly crisp. This can be done the night before. Store cooled vegetables in a plastic container until ready to use.
- 1 bunch Dino Kale (also called Lacinato Kale - you can also use regular Kale) - remove the tips and stems. Make sure it's dry. Rough chop and add to salad bowl
- 1 large tart Apple - I used a Honeycrisp apple, but Fuji, Jonathan or Ginger Gold are also good. Chop into medium cubes. If you won't be serving this for awhile soak apple cubes in ice water with a little lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown.
- Add apple, roasted sweet potato and squash on top of kale.
- Add 1 cup chopped roasted walnuts (I used prepackaged candied walnuts)
Add Rosemary Vinaigrette and toss salad gently. Top with 1/2 cup of Feta Cheese
- 1- 1/12 Tablespoons of fresh Rosemary - minced
- 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup of Grape Seed Oil
- 1/2 cup Agave nectar
Mix Rosemary, apple cider vinegar and agave nectar in a food processor and drizzle in grape seed oil. Mix for about 30 seconds.
Information about nutrition index-
Aggregate Nutrient Density Index (ANDI)
ANDI stands for "Aggregate Nutrient Density Index," a scoring system that rates foods on a scale from 1 to 1000 based on nutrient content. ANDI scores are calculated by evaluating an extensive range of micronutrients, including vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals and antioxidant capacities.
For more information visit Whole Foods about ANDI guide.