Watermelon & Peach Salad
A recipe by H-E-B Chef Scott Tompkins
- 1 watermelon, melon or cantaloupe
- 2 peaches
- 3/4 cup almonds, crushed (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, minced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
With a sharp knife, cut the rind of the watermelon to expose just the red flesh. Dice into large cubes. Dice the peach into slices and toss together in a bowl with the watermelon.
Add the herbs, feta, and almonds. Toss gently to combine. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavors to mix. Add more chopped mint or basil if desired.
Serve alongside a juicy grilled chicken breast.
Copyright 2015 by KSAT - All rights reserved.