Week One: Beat the Bloat!
Week #1 of our three week Countdown to Swimsuit Season Challenge with registered dietitian Janet Tilley! Up first, 5 tips on how to banish the bloat:
- Increase fiber
- Fill up on protein
- Cut back on refined carbs
- Skip the salt
- Steer clear of beer
Below is the Layered Chicke Salad Recipe
- 4 cups Romain lettuce, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups broccli florets
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup green seedless grapes
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Ingredients for the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons low-sugar orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup plain 0% fat Greek yogurt
Makes 6 serivings.
Nutrition Information- 250 calories, 12g fat, 50mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 21g protein
Exchanges: 1 charbohydrate, 3 protein, 2 fat
Copyright 2015 by KSAT - All rights reserved.