4 large extra ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
1 cup(s) pastry or cake flour, sifted
1 cup(s) all purpose flour, sifted
2 Tsp baking powder
1 Tsp kosher salt
1/4 cup(s) brown sugar
1/2 Tsp ground nutmeg, fresh grated is best
1/2 Tsp cinnamon
1 Tsp vanilla extract
3 cup(s) canola oil, or enough oil to have 1 inch in pan
1/2 cup(s) Central Market Sundae Parlor Ice Cream, or as needed to make more sundaes
1 cup(s) whipped cream
1/3 cup(s) roasted salted pistachios, crushed
1. Mash bananas with a fork or purée in food processor. In a medium bowl mix together bananas, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well to the consistency of a batter.
2. Add nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix together and refrigerate batter for 15 minutes to allow it to set up.
3. Heat up medium sized stainless steel pot with oil over medium‑high heat (350 to 365ºF)
4. Scoop up batter into golf ball sized fritters and fry in batches, turning once, until golden brown on both sides, about 5 to 6 minutes. Do not overcrowd the pan, fry only a few at a time.
5. Using a slotted spoon, remove fritters and place them on paper towels. Serve in a bowl and cover with ice cream, whipped cream and crushed pistachios.