SAN ANTONIO – Wedding week kicks off Monday with Lisa Mendiola of Burlap Junkies who's got a great way to save money with do-it-yourself glass wedding favors.
You will need:
Chalkboard paint ($9 at craft store)
Wine glasses (HEB has them for 88 cents each)
1) Tape off the bottom of the wine glass to prevent paint from getting on the bottom of the glass.
2) Dip your wine glass bottom into the chalkboard paint.
3) Place your wine glass in a well-aired area to dry. Make sure to place the glass on a paint-friendly surface. (This can be a little messy.)
4) Allow the glass to dry for at least 30 minutes.
5) Attach jute string to a piece of chalk and place in the wine glass.
6) Write and enjoy.
Guests will go home with wedding favors at the end of the night.
You can make many wine glasses with chalkboard paint. The calculated cost is less than $2 per glass with supplies.
Sign up for email alerts today.
Get alerted to news events as they happen or sign up for a scheduled news headline email that is delivered right to your inbox.
All of the day’s important news keeping you up to date wherever you are.
Click here to sign up today.