- 6 large apples, any variety
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin spice
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 375 F.
2. Cut the top off of the 4 apples and set aside. Do not throw the tops away!
3. Remove the inside of each apple with a spoon very carefully, making sure not to break the peel.
4. Remove the skin from the remaining 2 apples and slice each very thin.
5. In a bowl, combine the sliced apples with the walnuts, cinnamon, vanilla, and honey, if using.
6. Scoop the apple mixture into each hollow apple, and cover with the top of each apple.
7. Place the stuffed apples in a small roasting pan and add water to cover the bottom of the pan.
8. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
9. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
Recipe provided by Marcela Freeman of Burn It In 30. You can find more recipes and information on her website.