SAN ANTONIO – Thanks to the Texas Diabetes Institute, they have provided us with a low-calorie diabetic friendly dessert recipe!
Just in time for the holiday season, there will be a healthy cooking class on how to make healthy desserts on November 10 at 11 a.m. at the Texas Diabetes Institute.
Crustless Pumpkin Pie
- Non-stick cooking spray with flour
- 1 (15 ounce ) can 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce ) can fat-free evaporated skim milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Spray bottom of baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Pour into dish.
- Bake at 325 for 55 minutes, or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Calories: 125
- Carbohydrate: 23 grams
- Fiber: 2 gram
- Total fat: 1.5 grams
- Saturated fat: 0 grams
- Sodium: 230 milligrams