- 1 pack (12 oz) Andouille Sausage (I used Manda), sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 links Manda' s Pork Sausage, Hot , sliced into 4 inch slices
- 1 stick butter
- 3 cups fresh cut onion mix (16 oz container)
- 2 tablespoon minced or chopped garlic
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tony Chachere Bold Seasoning
- 6 tablespoons prepared roux (comes in a jar)
- 10 cups chicken or turkey broth (Boil turkey carcass and use broth or buy)
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon hickory smoke flavor
- 1 teaspoon Tony Chachere Bold Creole Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 3 cups cooked, deboned and cut into big chunks
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
1. Brown sausage in black iron pot or heavy pot. Remove and drain on paper towel.
2. Using same pot, melt butter. Saute' the onion mix, garlic, bell pepper, 1 tablespoon Tony Seasoning and white part of green onions for 10 minutes. Add broth to mixture. Add sausage and smoke flavor.
3. Cook for for 10 minutes or longer if desired. Add turkey and cook 5 minutes. Add green onion tops and parsley. Serve over rice.
You can find more Tony Chachere recipes on their website.