CHILITO'S EXPRESS SAN ANTONIO – Chilito's Express
Chef Al Maldonado from Chilito's Express shows the SA Live audience how to make exquisite Latin cuisine and how you can have fun while cooking.
Chilito's offers a variety of Peruvian food and specials. You can even try Chilito's sauce that will "even make a shoe taste good" available in the condiment aisle of your local H-E-B. They also are great for catering any event!
The "best tamales on the planet" are available in many flavors including cream cheese chicken, cream cheese jalapeno, and the new bacon jalapeno popper. If you mention SA Live at Chilito's, Chef Maldonado says he will give you ten percent off AND if you order four dozen tamales you can get a sauce for free. So what are you waiting for? Head to Chilito's located at 826 Johns Rd Boerne, TX 78006.
Maldonado starts off with shrimp cakes which is a restaurant favorite that you can make at home.
- Dice your shrimp in small pieces and put them in a bowl.
- To bond them together, put cheese in there
- Mix egg, oyster sauce, ginger, and a little starch to make a bondage sauce
- Pour the bondage sauce into the bowl of shrimp
- Add green bell pepper, parsley, scallions, garlic, and lemon pepper
- Mix it all together.
- Scoop the mix onto the skillet using a spoon or ice cream scooper
- Flatten them into cakes
- Let it cook and you're done!
Watch to see Chef Maldonado prepare this recipe himself so you can learn from the best!
This recipe is great for the kids to help with when preparing dinner!
This recipe is very flexible and can be made with a variety of ingredients. BUT these are the things that Chef Maldonado suggests to make it a healthy meal for the whole family.
- Start off with a whole grain tortilla and put it on the skillet
- Put shredded cheese on top of the tortilla.
- Add spinach, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, and mushrooms on top
- Add oregano, garlic, and scallions on top
- Add pepperoni on top for extra flavor
- Top it off with another whole grain tortilla
- Let the quesadilla cook until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are warm!