Fall Health Tips
Pat Baird, a re gistered dietician, has all the health tips to keep you on the straight and narrow as you head into the holiday season.
Her top three tips:
1. Get a flu shot
- Anyone over the age of 6 months is recommended to get a flu shot.
2. Avoid added sugar
- Add fresh fruit to plain yogurt instead of eating fruit-flavored yogurt.
- Try guacamole with sliced zucchini or hard boiled eggs instead of chips.
- Put a Bumble Bee Chicken Salad in your bag for a healthy snack on the go.
- To satisfy your sweet tooth, grab some Atkins Protein Wafer Crisps!
3. Get adequate sleep
- Sleep deprivation can make you more vulnerable to illnesses – especially the flu.
- Make sure kids are getting the proper amount of sleep, too, so their immune system stays strong.
Thai Peanut Buddha Bowl Recipe
T he Atkins website and cookbook feature many recipes that are filling, delicious and healthy! Pat he lped Fiona make t his delicious Thai Peanut Buddha Bowl as a healthy fall option.
- 12 ounces raw chicken breast
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk (canned)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2/3 tablespoon chili sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 each California avocado
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 carrot (7-1/2") carrots
- 2 large (1 inch to 1 1/4 inches diameter) radishes
- 8 sprigs cilantro
SAN ANTONIO –