RECIPE: Mashed Cauliflower Pumpkin
Healthy Thanksgiving recipe provided by Dr. Vidhya llluri
Did you know that cauliflower and pumpkin are lower in carbohydrates compared to white potatoes?
Cauliflower is high in fiber and pumpkin is high in vitamin C and vitamin A.
Mashed cauliflower pumpkin recipe:
- 1 frozen bag of cauliflower 16 oz
- 8 oz of pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Cook cauliflower according to package directions, drain to remove excess water
- Put cauliflower into food processor with pumpkin puree, cream, butter, salt amd garlic powder
- Puree until smooth
Check out Dr. Illuri's children's cookbook called, "Can I Have a Treat" at doctorspantry.org.
Information courtesy of University Health System.
Copyright 2018 by KSAT - All rights reserved.