SAN ANTONIO – It’s been a year of watching movies at home, so your living room needs to be a red carpet event.
Author Christine Cuthbert has five easy and fun ideas for an over-the-top but casual Oscar night party.
1. Red carpet correspondent: Make a DIY microphone so your child can do red carpet interviews. You need a wooden dowel rod, an old tea box, black duct tape, and a styrofoam ball.
2. Star-studded snacks: It’s a DIY Charcuterie board. Take your favorite snacks and cut them into star shapes with a star-shaped cookie cutter. Another fun snack idea, use pretzel sticks and olives to create mini-microphones.
3. Black tie decorations: Elevate even the finest champagne glasses by dressing them up. Fold a black napkin accordion-style, then pinch the middle and tie with a pipe cleaner, then tie to the glassware.
4. Oscars bingo: Make the awards into a game with Oscar Bingo. Make your own or feel free to use this one.
5. At-home Oscars awards: What could be better than actually winning an award? Look back on the year and acknowledge those memorable things your family has done.
The 93rd Academy Awards are Sunday, April 25, at 7 p.m. on KSAT 12.