SAN ANTONIO - Spicy Mango Delight
Thai Topaz is well known for their delicious Thai dishes that are made with fresh ingredients. One of their specialty dishes includes the Spicy Mango Delight which you can even make at home! Below is a recipe shown to you in the video with additional recommendations and input from the writer
- Start with approximately two tablespoons of oil in a regular skillet (size does not matter, but 8 inch is recommended)
- Grab a handful of unpeeled, raw shrimp and add it to the pan on top of the oil - be careful not to have the pan too hot!
- Add 1/2 cup of chopped onion in the pan
- Add 2 garlic cloves - diced
- Add 1 cup of chopped carrots
- Top it off with a cup of bean sprouts
- Turn off the pan once the shrimp is properly cooked and let the dish sit
- Create any sauce you want (a mango puree with 1 cup of diced mango, 1-2 teaspoons of siracha, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, and two tablespoons of soy sauce is recommended)
- Add chopped unpeeled mango on top
- Add any garnish you like (cilantro, spinach leaves, anything to add color!) and enjoy!
Thai Topaz is a San Antonio favorite that is family owned. All of the dishes are made to be nutritious and delicious for all customers. The owners of the establishment created this restaurant in 2005 and have been going strong ever since. Thai Topaz has very delicious specialties including the usual Thai dishes such as Pad Thai, but they choose to create Thai flavors with fresh and familiar ingredients. They offer many different services including private parties, catering for weddings, birthdays, and more, and of course they have many different special events!
Thai Topaz Special Events
Wednesday Nights - Date Night - Enjoy a meal for 2 for $22! You can join Thai Topaz for date night and get one appetizer and two entrees for only $22. You can also enjoy some of their delicious homemade desserts for a sweet treat afterwards.
Friday Nights - Jazz Night - Enjoy a delicious meal accompanied with smooth jazz!
4th Saturday of Every Month - Latin Night - Put on your dancing shoes and dance the night away after eating a satisfying Thai meal!
Copyright 2018 by KSAT - All rights reserved.