SAN ANTONIO - This is a great chance to make a difference for the future of our children and add new security systems to schools!
On Saturday, May 5, 2018, the Northside Bond Committee is calling for an $848 million bond to improve security and renovate schools for over 100,000 children.
Election day is Saturday, May 5.
67% of School Bond 2018 will help renovate existing NISD schools.
"This bond helps school districts borrow money," said John Folks, Tri-Chair. "When people go vote they're voting to decide if the school district has the authority to borrow money."
If the bond is approved by voters, the money allocated in the bond will help NISD schools in the following areas:
- Roof and A/C replacements at older campuses
- Improved safety and security measures at all schools
- Technology upgrades for teachers and students
- New instructional space renovations, reconstruction
- Four new schools to meet expanding enrollment
"We are going to finish putting security lobbies in all the elementary schools where people have to check in before they get admittance into the school building," said Folks.
What will the School Bond 2018 cost the average Northside homeowner?
An average home in Northside is estimated at $218,540
- If there is no increase in appraisal value, property owners would see no tax increase until 2019, at which time they would see a slight property tax increase of $0.03 a month
- By 2025, the owners of an average home in Northside could see their taxes increase by $8.10 a month
- If appraisals increase between 2.5 and 3.5 percent a year, estimated monthly taxes on an average home would increase by $22.10 in 2025
The Northside Bond Committee wants you to VOTE YES on the 2018 Northside ISD School Bond to help improve the future for our children.
For more information about the Northside Bond Committee, visit northsidebond.com
Information courtesy of Northside Bond Committee.
Copyright 2018 by KSAT - All rights reserved.