Recipe makes 6 Servings
1 large acorn squash
1/3 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 tbsp or as needed for drizzling over squash
12 Oz fire-roasted red peppers, peppers drained and rinsed
1 clove of garlic, crushed, approximately 1.25 tsp minced
1/2 cup(s) green onions, chopped
3/4 cup(s) walnuts, toasted lightly in a dry pan
1 Tsp cumin
1 Tbsp sadaf pomegranate molasses
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup(s) panko breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Cut acorn squash in half, scrape out all seeds from cavity and drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper.
3. Place squash face down onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
4. Roast in oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until fork pierces skin of squash easily. While squash is roasting prepare muhammara.
5. In a food processor or blender combine peppers, garlic, green onions, walnuts, cumin, pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, and panko. Blend until smooth.
6. With blender running slowly add olive oil and blend until mixture is emulsified. Season to taste and set aside.
7. Once squash is roasted cut or scoop out of skin and serve with muhammara as needed.
Get the nutritional information of the recipe and add ingredients to your H-E-B shopping list here!