SAN ANTONIO – Ingredients:
Recipe makes 4 servings
2 large lemons, sliced horizontally
4 large artichokes, tops trimmed approximately 1 inch, all thistles snipped and stem cut off at base so they can stand upright.
8 Oz Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
1/4 cup(s) sour cream
1 medium shallot, roughly chopped, approximately 1/4 cup
2 cloves of garlic, crushed or smashed
1 Tsp fresh thyme, chopped
1/3 cup(s) fresh curly parsley, roughly chopped
1 large lemon, zest only, approximately 1 to 2 teaspoons depending on size
1/2 cup(s) panko bread crumbs, as needed for topping each
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil over high heat.
3. Add lemons and artichokes, turn down heat to a low simmer and cover. Cook 15 to 20 minutes or until stem is just barely tender.
4. While artichokes cook, in a food processor add blue cheese, sour cream, shallot, garlic, thyme, parsley, and lemon zest.
5. Pulse until creamy and has the consistency of a spread. Season to taste and set aside.
6. Once artichokes are just tender remove them to an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Pat dry and place onto a sheet pan.
7. Using a spoon, remove centers of each artichoke, leaving as many leaves as possible in tact but scraping out as much thistle fibers as possible, leaving a nice clear center.
8. Using a spoon, simply fill each artichoke with blue cheese mixture until each are full, top each with bread crumbs.
9. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until tender and bread crumbs are nicely browned. Remove, allow to cool slightly and dip artichoke leaves into melted cheese centers.
Get the nutritional information of the recipe and add ingredients to your H-E-B shopping list here!