Several SA area high school players showcase skills at U.S. Army Bowl Combine
Combine held for underclassmen at Alamodome
SAN ANTONIO – The U.S. Army Bowl Combine was held Friday at the Alamodome as part of the week's Army All-American Bowl festivities in San Antonio.
The combine is an opportunity for underclassmen from across the country to showcase their skills and test themselves against other elite high school football juniors and sophomores.
Close to 700 high school players participated in the combine. A total of 14 players are from the San Antonio or South Texas area. They are:
- Johnson HS Jr. WR Brandon McDuffie
- Gonzales HS Jr. DB Corey Anzaldua
- Randolph HS Jr. LB Justin Kaeka-Bacon
- San Marcos HS Jr. DB Prudy Calderon
- Steele HS Soph. DB Xavier Player
- Highlands HS Jr. OL Jarren Kitchen
- Gonzales HS Jr. OL Juan Licea
- Clemens HS Jr. WR Tommy Bush
- Central Catholic HS Soph. DL Nicolas Garza
- O'Connor HS Soph. OL Brannon Brown
- Yoakum HS Jr. OL Silas Robinson
- Alamo Heights Soph. LB Maki Carabin
- San Marcos HS Jr. OL Alex Costilla
- Marion HS Jr. DE Cole Doerr
The combine is an all day event and each player was invited to participate.
The seniors selected for this year's Army All-American Bowl will play Saturday afternoon at the Alamodome.
This is the 15th year the Army has played the bowl game at the Alamodome.
Past participants make up 330 NFL draft picks, 37 Super Bowl champions and two Heisman Trophy winners.
Notable alumni include NFL stars Adrian Peterson, Andrew Luck and Odell Beckham Jr.
Copyright 2017 by KSAT - All rights reserved.