The Company: KSAT12 is a #1 ABC affiliate and a Graham Media Group station with strong community ties and top ratings. We are known for our aggressive reporting style and a keen ability to embrace new digital technologies.
The Position: Executive Producer, News
KSAT12 News in San Antonio, Texas (ABC) is looking for an Executive Producer to help oversee our fast-paced, aggressive, and innovative digital and broadcast platforms, from editorial concept to determining publication deadlines to on-air execution. Qualified candidates will eat, sleep and breathe breaking news and weather coverage, and possess news judgment that translates across all station platforms. The ideal candidate will work with newsroom managers and staff to help lead our team in producing compelling, high-quality stories on TV, as well as in-depth, viewer-centric content online and on our social media platforms. The candidate will be focused on quality, creativity, accuracy, and attention to detail while being able to motivate and develop the members of our team while maintaining a strong newsroom culture. The successful candidate will be able to coordinate a team, meet deadlines and manage processes.
- Maintain editorial direction set by the News Director, Assistant News Director, and other newsroom managers;
- Stay on top of current events, including local, state, national and world events;
- Supervise the pre-production and production of assigned newscasts in ways that embrace and encourage innovation and experimentation while appealing to a wide range of viewers;
- A strong copy editor who can finesse scripts while using those opportunities as teaching moments to strengthen our staff’s writing;
- Work with other News Managers to develop and implement staff schedules that maximize resources while minimizing overtime and other news-gathering costs;
- Work with the News Director on recruiting, hiring, and training a news team that reflects the diversity of our viewing area;
- Maintain a productive working relationship with the Creative Services, Operations, Engineering and IT Departments;
- Effectively handle multiple tasks and frequent interruptions;
- Work flexible hours that may include nights, overnight hours, mornings, weekends or holidays.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verifications and reference checks.
Location: KSAT12 TV
1408 N. St. Mary’s Street
San Antonio, Texas 78215
Contact: Bernice Kearney
No phone calls, please
KSAT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, KSAT will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.
Copyright 2019 by KSAT - All rights reserved.