KSAT12 is a #1 ABC affiliate and a Graham Media Group station with strong community ties and top ratings. We are known for our aggressive reporting style and a keen ability to embrace new digital technologies. And if that’s not enough, we also have a brand new, state-of-the-art media complex that excites the senses.
The Role: KSAT12 NEWS, San Antonio, is looking for a Web Producer to join our growing KSAT.com digital team. We are looking for someone who eats, drinks and breathes digital news and information, and wants to join our team in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Maintain editorial direction set by the News Director, Assistant News Director, Digital EP and other newsroom managers;
- Create and publish dynamic content to KSAT.com in a fast-paced digital-always environment;
- Emphasize the importance of breaking news in writing and editing;
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines;
- Write with speed, accuracy, and creativity, using sound news judgment while paying close attention to spelling, grammar, and punctuation;
- Use online metric tools to help determine the value of trending stories and make decisions on content-population based on analytics and key performance indicators;
- Search and populate stories from wire services that have high trending news value and are interesting to our online audience;
- Ability to create and post articles, images, videos, livestreams, slideshows, and other media;
- Effectively handle multiple tasks and frequent interruptions;
- Ability to communicate effectively with news managers, producers, reporters, editors, photographers, and social media staff;
- Ability to oversee and assign duties to other web-enabled staff on duty;
- Stay on top of current events, including local, state, national and world events;
- Understand and use internet research tools and social media resources to create content for our online platform, social media channels, and broadcast channel;
- Work flexible hours that may include nights, overnight hours, mornings, weekends or holidays.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a commercial newsroom preferred;
- Working knowledge and familiarity with AP Style-writing;
- Experience with web content management systems and newsroom computer systems;
- Experience with Photoshop and video editing software;
- College degree preferred;
- Ability to read, write and speak English;
- Demonstrated ability to write, produce copy and oversee editing for online platforms;
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment with daily deadlines and shifting priorities.
To apply, send resume, online writing and web producing samples and links to:
Bernice Kearney, News Director
1408 N. St. Mary’s Street, San Antonio, Texas 78215
We regret that we will only be able to respond to those applicants in whom we have an interest.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verifications and reference checks.
KSAT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, KSAT will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.
Copyright 2019 by KSAT - All rights reserved.