The holidays can be a crazy time, and deciding what meals to cook can also be difficult.
This steak dinner for two, made with ingredients from Sprout’s Farmer’s Market, can make for an easy and delicious holiday meal.
Here is how you can make it.
- Rainbow carrots
- Two, 12-16 oz ribeyes
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- 1/2 lb jumbo shrimp
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Olive oil
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1 package of Sprouts Market Corner Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- 1 package of Sprouts Market Corner Homestyle Gravy
- Slice broccolini, asparagus and rainbow carrots into spears and tie them together with twine to make a bouquet.
- Dice the shallot and set aside.
- Pat dry the steaks and season generously with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Peel and devein the shrimp and set them in a bowl.
- Cover the shrimp with heavy cream and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder, and allow to soak.
- Heat a large cast iron pan over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil and diced shallot to the pan.
- Once the pan is smoking, place the steaks into the pan and allow them to sear.
- Heat a separate pan over medium heat and add 1/2 cup of water.
- Add bouquets of vegetables to the pan and allow to steam, flipping occasionally.
- Once the steaks have seared on one side (2-3 minutes), flip them.
- Add butter, sage and sliced garlic to the cast iron pan and baste the steaks with the melted butter.
- Once the steaks have reached the desired temperature (130°F for medium-rare), remove them from the pan and allow them to rest.
- Add the steamed vegetable bouquets to the cast iron and cook, flipping occasionally.
- Rinse the shrimp under cold water to remove the heavy cream.
- Add the shrimp to the same cast iron.
- Flip the shrimp and cook until slightly curled and opaque.
- Heat the Sprouts mashed potatoes, and gravy according to the package directions.
- Plate potatoes in the center, pour gravy over the potatoes, place ribeye over potatoes with the shrimp on the side and place the vegetable bouquet on top.
Enjoy with a bold red wine.