SAN ANTONIO - Valentine's Day is this week, and one florist from North Carolina has released a list of things not to do this year.
Tina Enyart, owner of Sweet T flower shop, says this list is especially intended for procrastinators.
Here's the list and why Enyart believes these are no-no's:
10. Cheap wine - “MD2020 and Boone’s Farm Strawberry Hill are not prescriptions for Valentine’s Day,” Enyart said.
9. Teddy bears - “We’re grown women, when was the last time you saw a grown woman holding a teddy bear?” Enyart asked.
8. Balloons - “This is under the same umbrella as teddy bears. Seriously, what am I going to do with a mylar collection of balloons?" Enyart asked.
7. Four-foot cards - “Just WOW. First, you went to Dollar Tree and second, what do you do with a four-foot card," Enyart said.
6. Pharmacy chocolate - “If your chocolate needs a map or an identifier in a heart-shaped box, you’re dead in the water," Enyart said.
5. Heart-shaped jewelry - "If you went to Jared’s, your next stop is the dog house. We don’t wear it or want it." Enyart said.
4. Homemade coupon books - "If I need a coupon to get a foot massage or help with the dishes, I’m with the wrong person," Enyart said.
3. Romantic dinner at home - "We want to dress up and go out; don’t cook at home or take me to a sports bar," Enyart said.
2. Dozen red roses - “Save those for grandma. It’s completely overdone and another easy out," Enyart said.
1. Don't half-heart the holiday - "Let me be clear with the obvious: Valentine’s Day is not a surprise. You’ve had a year to plan for this," Enyart said.
Is this list too harsh? Enyart seems to have high expectations for the day.
Do you ladies agree?
Copyright 2019 by KSAT - All rights reserved.