July cool front will give us a break from high humidity this week
Showers and storms are in the forecast, too
SAN ANTONIO – Our South Texas weather has been stuck in a rut as of late: hot & sunny, hot & sunny, hot & sunny. However, we've got some welcome changes in the forecast this week!
A cool front will arrive in San Antonio Tuesday morning, sparking scattered showers and thunderstorms. While there is no concern for severe weather, some heavy rain and gusty winds will be possible as storms move through.
Behind the front, some drier air will arrive. This will cause humidity to take a nice tumble for a few days. Our mornings midweek will be especially pleasant, with low temperatures in the mid- to upper 60s.
By the start of next weekend, higher humidity will return, along with chances of isolated showers and storms.
Here's what to keep in mind as you plan your week:
- Monday will be another hot day with highs in the mid-90s
- Rain chances will start to increase Monday night as a cool front approaches from the north
- San Antonio's best chance of rain will be Tuesday morning
- No severe weather is expected, but some storms Tuesday could produce heavy rain, lightning, and gusty winds
- Rain chances end for San Antonio by early Wednesday
- Humidity will begin to drop Wednesday, setting us up for a couple of warm - but pleasant - afternoons
- Afternoon storms will be back in the forecast by next weekend
WATCH the latest forecast:
Continued Weather Coverage
Stick with KSAT 12 News, your Weather Authority for the latest weather updates.
Remember, 'Turn Around, Don't Drown': Tips for staying safe while driving in the rain
Read more: CPS Energy offers power outage tips
Download the KSAT 12 Weather app on your smartphone for the latest weather updates.
Keep up with the latest alerts from the KSAT Meteorologists with their Twitter stream below:
Copyright 2019 by KSAT - All rights reserved.