North Side shooting leaves 1 injured, man on run, SAPD says

Victim, 19, transported with non-life-threatening injuries

San Antonio police respond to an incident on Wednesday, May 1, 2024, in the 6900 block of San Pedro Avenue, south of Loop 410. (Adam Barraza, Copyright 2024 by KSAT - All rights reserved.)

SAN ANTONIO – A shooting on the North Side left one man injured and another on the run, according to San Antonio police.

The incident occurred just after 12 p.m. Wednesday in the 6900 block of San Pedro Avenue.

According to police, after an altercation between two men, one left in a vehicle but returned a short time later and shot the victim.

The man then fled on foot from the scene, a preliminary police report said.

The 19-year-old victim was transported to a nearby hospital with non-life-threatening injuries., the report said.

SAPD believes the incident was isolated to the two men, but their investigation remains ongoing.

About the Authors

Mason Hickok is a digital journalist at KSAT. He graduated from the University of Texas at San Antonio with a communication degree and a minor in film studies. He also spent two years working at The Paisano, the independent student newspaper at UTSA. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys the outdoors, reading and watching movies.

Adam Barraza is a photojournalist at KSAT 12 and an El Paso native. He interned at KVIA, the local ABC affiliate, while still in high school. He then moved to San Antonio and, after earning a degree from San Antonio College and the University of the Incarnate Word, started working in news. He’s also a diehard Dodgers fan and an avid sneakerhead.