5 San Antonio restaurants on list of Landry's data breach
SAN ANTONIO – In order to help its customers, Landry's has released a list of restaurant locations affected by a data breach reported in December. Five of the locations were in San Antonio.
Landry's began investigating after customers reported credit card breaches after visiting several restaurants.
The company said reports of security breaches include unauthorized charges on credit cards used at the restaurants.
List of San Antonio locations and affected dates:
- Landry's Seafood (Downtown) -- 5/8/5015 to 11/19/2015
- Morton's -- 5/10/2014 to 3/14/2015; 5/8/2015 to 12/3/2015
- Rainforest Cafe -- 5/8/2015 to 12/3/2015
- Saltgrass Steak House (Helotes, Bandera Road) -- 5/8/2015 to 12/3/2015
- Saltgrass Steak House (River Walk) -- 5/5/2015 to 12/3/201
So what do you do if you think you may be a victim? The Federal Trade Commission said one option is to place a credit freeze on your account. To place a freeze on your credit reports, the FTC said to contact each of the nationwide credit reporting companies: Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion. Name, address, date of birth, Social Security number and other personal information are required. Fees typically range from $5 to $10.
Landry's said it has implemented system changes to increase card security and worked with a cybersecurity company and card networks.
Copyright 2016 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.