Bexar County announces partnership promoting gun violence prevention
SAN ANTONIO – Bexar County announced a new partnership Monday that will promote gun violence prevention programs in the community.
The partners in the program will discuss the merits of the initiative, community outreach, funding and goals for the community with regard to gun safety, accidental/intentional shootings, and domestic violence, a press release said.
Here's a list of those scheduled to be in attendance:
- Bexar County Judge Nelson Wolf
- Bexar County Commissioner Sergio "Chico" Rodriguez, Precinct 1
- Bexar County Commissioner Justin Rodriguez, Precinct 2
- Bexar County Commissioner Tommy Calvert, Precinct 4
- Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar
- Bexar County Criminal District Attorney Joe Gonzales
- Judge Peter Sakai, 225th District Court Judge
- George Hernandez, University Health System
- VIA Metropolitan Transit Authority
- Representatives from San Antonio Moms Demand Action
- Representatives from BeSmart for Kids
Copyright 2019 by KSAT - All rights reserved.