SAN ANTONIO – UPDATE: Read 4 takeaways from the town hall here.
The coronavirus pandemic has caused uncertainty and lingering questions about how or when students, teachers and other education staff can safely return to classrooms.
This summer, KSAT 12 has covered those questions from all angles on our Back to School page — pressing local and state leaders on evolving policies, speaking to teachers, parents and students about their concerns and ideas, and diving deep through KSAT Explains to shine light on the biggest issues.
Now, we’re asking you to join us for a live town hall — Learning During a Pandemic — featuring local education leaders on Aug. 11 from 6:30 - 8 p.m. We are already collecting questions from viewers on our Chat with KSAT page, so please let us know what you would like answered.
The special will air live on KSAT 12, KSAT.com and KSAT-TV and for the first time, viewers will have the chance to join the conversation and ask questions through our new live chat feature. We’re excited to bring this important town hall to our viewers on-air or online.
Viewers can ask questions live or ahead of time on our Chat with KSAT page, where you can also watch the full broadcast.
Guests will include:
- SAISD Superintendent Pedro Martinez
- NISD Superintendent Brian Woods
- State Rep. Diego Bernal, the vice-chair of the Texas House Public Education Committee
- Jefferson High School senior Alejo Pena Soto, also a member of the City of San Antonio COVID-19 Community Response Coalition
- Melina Espiritu-Azocar, a Stinson Middle School teacher and member of the City of San Antonio COVID-19 Community Response Coalition
Watch Episode 7 of KSAT Explains, Back to School during the COVID-19 pandemic, below: