‘A mask is your ticket’: Kerrville Renaissance Festival returns in January

Come one, come all, but bring a mask! That’s how you get in!

Image courtesy of The Kerrville Renaissance Festival. (Copyright 2020 by KSAT - All rights reserved.)

KERRVILLE, Texas – The Kerrville Renaissance Festival is returning to full force, but participants will add another element to their costumes this year to get through the door: Facial coverings.

The festival, which normally transports participants to another worldly oasis of lore, will look a little different this year as community groups in San Antonio continue to see a surge in case counts.

The three-day-long festival run is scheduled for January 29-31 at the River Star Arts and Events Park, located on the grounds of the Hill Country Youth Event Center, 3785 TX-27, Kerrville.

Admission is free this year and the outdoor festival is being set up as a marketplace, according to April Cory from Hill Country Festivals.

“The layout will be more like a craft show with some entertainment,” Cory said. “A mask is your ticket. We’ll space out the seating at the stages and encourage social distancing everywhere.”

Additionally, the event will also feature a smaller entertainment lineup to “spread out spectators,” organizers said. A complete list of entertainment, craft booths, and activities will be confirmed in the coming weeks.

“Because our local supporters worked so hard the past four years to get the ordinance changed to allow us to sell Mead and Wine, we didn’t want to let them down by not opening,” Cory said. “We are inviting our Patrons and Guests to visit the grounds for free, buy a craft, enjoy a turkey leg, sip some mead, and stay as long as they feel comfortable.”

Updated information can be found online at online by clicking here or by calling 214-632-5766.

Related: Kerrville Folk Festival canceled due to COVID-19 outbreak in Texas