SAN ANTONIO – The Spurs Coyote just got called out in a new survey that determined he was the second-worst mascot in the NBA.
Clearly, the staff at Play AZ, which published this study, didn’t ask anyone from San Antonio.
Spurs Coyote came in at No. 26 while the biggest loser is the Mavs Man with the Dallas Mavericks coming in at No. 27.
Rounding out the bottom five are Go the Gorilla with the Phoenix Suns, Lucky the Leprechaun with the Boston Celtics and Slamson the Lion with the Sacramento Kings.
The bottom five are:
- Mavs Man with the Dallas Mavericks
- Spurs Coyote with the San Antonio Spurs
- Go the Gorilla with the Phoenix Suns
- Lucky the Leprechaun with the Boston Celtics
- Slamson the Lion with the Sacramento Kings
The top five are:
- Rocky the Mountain Lion with the Denver Nuggets
- Benny the Bull with the Chicago Bulls
- Grizz with the Memphis Grizzlies
- Champ with the Dallas Mavericks
- Bango the Buck with the Milwaukee Bucks
Play AZ determined the rankings by surveying 1,500 NBA fans across the country. Fans ranked every NBA mascot on a scale of 1-5 and those ratings were then averaged.
This isn’t the first, or even second time, the Spurs franchise has been called out recently.
Talk to the hand Play AZ - don’t come for Spurs Coyote.