SAN ANTONIO – San Antonio Veterans Day at Hemisfair is gearing up for its second annual event on Nov. 12. The free event will feature entertainment, food, and vendors to celebrate veterans in the community.
Festivities will begin at 8:00 a.m. with a 2K, 5K, and 10K Veterans Day run/walk/ruck, which benefits veterans, surviving spouses, and military families served by Endeavors, a national service organization that assists vulnerable populations.
To register, you can visit the Endeavors website at endeavors.org/featured-events/veteran-run/.
Then, at noon the SA Veterans Day event will kick off with live music performances.
Other festivities will include the following:
- Interactive experiences for the whole family (giant LEGO® flag construction)
- Veterans resources and volunteer opportunities
- Sensory-considerate laser light show
- Feature remarks from Mayor Ron Nirenberg
- A presentation of the colors by the 470 Military Intelligence Brigade with an aircraft flyover
- A parachute jump by the All-Veteran group
- Country music star Coffey Anderson
Meals for veterans in need will be available, along with transportation for veterans with mobility challenges.
While the event is free, Hemisfair is accepting donations to support SA Veterans Day. To donate, visit https://hemisfair.org/donate/.
To find out more information about SA Veterans Day at Hemisfair, visit hemisfair.org/veteransday/.
KSAT Community operates in partnership with University Health, Energy Transfer and Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union. Click here to read about other KSAT Community efforts.