HEB Roasted Pepper Hummus
Roasted Pepper Hummus with Grilled Spiced Pitas
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 each red bell peppers
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 can cooked chickpeas
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup tahini
- 8 each pitas, cut into 1/8th
1. Preheat the grill to medium high heat
2. Place the peppers directly onto the grill. Cook for several minutes per side until the skin is black and charred. Remove to a bowl and wrap with plastic. Allow the peppers to cool. Once the peppers have cooled. Carefully scrape the skin off. Discard the skin, seeds and the stem.
3. Place the garlic, peppers, Chick Peas, cumin and tahini into the blender or food processor.
4. Blend until smooth. Slowly adding in the olive oil.
5. Brush the pita with olive oil and grill for 1-2 minutes per side.
6. Remove from the grill and cut into 1/8ths.