Is it legal to drive with your pet on your lap?
Do you drive with your pet on your lap? Officer Marcus Trujillo explains why you might be putting your pet in danger.
"There are some things you need to take into consideration. Is there an actual motor vehicle law that prohibits the pet from being on your lap? No. However, is that the smartest thing to do and is that person being considerate of the life of that dog or cat? Here's what you have to remember: any time you're involved in an accident, anything -- and I mean ANYTHING -- in that vehicle that's not secured to the vehicle at the time of an accident becomes a projectile. So if you really love that dog or cat, do you want to be driving around knowing that if you're involved in an accident your reckless behavior contributed to the injury of death of that animal?"
OTHER TRAFFIC TIPS:
- When do you need to use your turn signal?
- What do you need to do if you're involved in an accident?
- When and where do drivers have to yield to pedestrians?
- What are the rules for moving items in a pickup?
- What are the rules for riding in the back of a pickup?
- Does the hands-free ordinance apply to bicyclists?
- Can you legally drive on the highway below the speed limit?
- What exactly is hands-free?
- BCSO will enforce the hands-free law in only one place
- What laws do bicyclists have to follow?
- Can you see the officer's radar if you're pulled over for speeding?
- Will covering up your VIN keep thieves from stealing your car?
- When is it legal to cross the street?
- Will crying get you out of a ticket?
- BAD ANSWER: "Officer, I only had 2 beers"
- Do you have to wear shoes while driving?
- Is there a minimum age to ride a motorcycle?
- What should you do if you're pulled over at night?
- What may get you out of a ticket
Copyright 2015 by KSAT - All rights reserved.