Suspect considered armed, dangerous arrested after leading deputies on pursuit, sheriff says

Seven arrests have been made so far in the incident and residents are urged to avoid the area

Generic image of police lights. (pixabay)

UVALDE, TexasUpdate:

A suspect that was considered armed and dangerous is now in custody after leading sheriff’s deputies on a pursuit, according to the Uvalde County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies announced the update on social media around 7 p.m., Sunday.

The sheriff’s office said the suspect was apprehended one mile west of Ranch Creek.

The suspect is accused of leading deputies on a pursuit and firing gunshots toward them. Once the pursuit ended, the suspect then fled the scene on foot and a manhunt ensued.

It’s unclear what charges the suspect will face, but we’ll bring more updates as they become available.

Original:

Seven people were arrested and a suspect that is considered armed and dangerous is still at large following a pursuit with Uvalde County sheriff’s deputies, the sheriff’s office said.

The pursuit happened Sunday morning on Highway 55 North and concluded in Real County.

Officials said in a social media post that the driver led deputies on the pursuit and fired gunshots toward them. However, no injuries were reported.

The pursuit concluded and seven people were arrested, according to the sheriff’s office. But, the driver fled the scene on foot and is still at large.

The suspect is believed to be armed and dangerous and residents are urged to avoid Highway 55 North for now, officials said.

This is a developing story and we’ll bring more updates as they become available.

Related: Woman killed, 3 Harris County deputies injured in shooting outside nightclub, officials say

About the Authors:

Cody King is a digital journalist for KSAT 12. She previously worked for WICS/WRSP 20 in Springfield, Illinois.