SAN ANTONIO – The City of San Antonio’s Home Rehabilitation Program is open for applications through Monday, Nov. 20.
The program helps with funding through a forgivable loan to low- and moderate-income households to help with home rehabilitation to address health, safety or code issues.
The city’s Home Rehabilitation Program covers the following:
- Major rehabilitation or reconstruction repairs two or more of a home’s system, such as the foundation, electrical, plumbing, heating and/or air conditioning, and structural issues.
- Minor rehabilitation addresses an isolated issue, such as siding, walk-in showers, plumbing, window replacement, water heater replacement and painting.
- Under 1 Roof provides roof shingle replacement with Shasta white shingles that improve a home’s energy efficiency.
The city has about $26 million this year to help about 650 families. The money is provided through the 2022 $150 million Affordable Housing Bond.
Homeowners interested in applying for the program can visit one of the following community partners for help:
- The Health Collaborative, 2300 W Commerce St. 210-481-2573. HealthCollaborative.net.
- San Antonio for Growth on the Eastside (SAGE), 220 Chestnut St. 210-248-9178. SAGESA.org.
- UTSA Westside Community Center, 1310 Guadalupe. 210-458-2691. UTSA website.
Applications can only be submitted online. All applications must have all the requested supporting documents to be reviewed.
For more eligibility information or what the program covers, visit the Neighborhood and Housing Services Department website or call 210-207-7293.